We are looking for a designer who is as passionate about quality as we are to help us grow our energy offer. They will be responsible for the end to end design process for the energy web team – from user testing through to working with developers to get their ideas tested and live on site. They will deliver outstanding design that marries form and function in a transparent and seamless experience.
Our approach is all about collaboration, so you`ll be working within a cross functional team of developers, content writers, an analyst and a product owner, all of whom work together to find the best product solutions. You will have a well-rounded understanding of the design process – thinking strategically, producing work that inspires, be highly original, and always on-brand. You`re confident in your ability to transform complex, user-centred design challenges into tangible solutions across different mediums, demonstrating a strong understanding of responsive principles.
Bonus points for Agile and Lean advocates and practitioners.
How you will make a telling contribution
- Designing products and features, touching on everything from content-first prototypes to micro-enhancements, you will be delving into understanding customer problems and finding innovative design solutions to enhance the customer experience.
- Seeing your designs through to launch, partnering with the engineering teams to test and iterate your designs or even coding your own.
- Driving your vision for a great user experience on uSwitch, with a focus on improving key metrics that ultimately increase revenue and profit.
- Leading the team in a `mobile first` approach, as part of the responsive design of the site.
- Working closely with business owners to manage and facilitate design discussion with stakeholders, designing great user experiences and interactions for the uSwitch website and related products, meeting both business goals and user needs.
- Contributing to brand and design standards for projects and ongoing enhancements to uSwitch as part of the company`s design community. Policing the design, style convention and brand representation of uSwitch.
What you will need to know
- Creativity and motivation in order to execute ideas with precision and flair
- Commercial experience working as a web designer
- Examples of working on `big-system` designs, not just one-pagers and other customer communications and interactions
- An exceptional portfolio demonstrating an ability to turn complicated problems into simple, straightforward and enjoyable products
- UX is second-nature and testing is your best friend
- You understand and deliver for mobiles, tablets as well as desktops
- Outstanding design abilities, including strong layout and typography skills and a deep understanding of when and how to use colour, photography and illustration
- An aching passion for design, detail and an ambition to build and iterate products which people love
- Demonstrations of fully-responsive design solutions and the ability to explain your decisions
- Expertise in the CC Suite is a given but we also love AxureRP, InVision and paper prototypes. You see the way the industry is moving, and realise `flat PSD` designing is increasingly irrelevant
- A fascination for new web/design technologies and methodologies.
- An inquisitive understanding of HTML, CSS and JS and a demonstrable ability to use them.